Monday, November 24, 2008

Kayaking The Banana River in Cocoa Beach Florida








So the kayak rack failed to get here in time to go.
It was ordered and re-ordered I think 4 times. Finally I was instructed to drive once again to Utica to have this garage actually take some measurements. DUH! They re-ordered it an said "Over night shipping"! Well, overnight turned to two nights. We finally got on the road Tuesday morning. Bill cobbed a cross bar out of wood and clamps and it worked just fine! We were on the road!
I only got to kayak and swim once as it wasn't that warm! Got lots of reading in and of course secured my spot in the here after cooking up many home cooked meals in the senior citizen ward of heavens waiting room.
Yep, thats the dolphin that came pretty darn close to tipping Bill over right in front of his Dad's condo. The manatee were there. We counted 14 sleeping lazily in one warm calm lagoon with pelican, egret and osprey swooping down overhead on a cool breezy Florida November day.
We brought along a electric blow up mattress and set up our temporary bedroom in the Sunroom over looking the rarely used pool and next to that the peacefull ever flowing Banana River. AAAAHHHH it was so lovely waking up facing water every morning. I miss it already.
Oh an scan! I scanned my ass off to do a Brown family iMovie. Yep I should have a nice cozy spot in the here after!

No comments: