Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Skyway Community Christmas Concert


Wednesday, December 10th the Colgate Inn has graciously allowed Skyway to put on a Christmas concert in the lovely side parlor of the Inn. The event will start at 5 and run till around 8 with local Hamilton musicians singing holiday cheer while the local merchants keep their doors open selling their wares for the Christmas Shoppers.
Little old San Hamiltonio will be at its finest adorned and a buzzing!
Jimmy Wunderlich has worked tirelessly getting our local musicians into his studio to record their Christmas songs.
There will be CD's for sale for a ten dollar donation. Our goal here is to make enough money to insure the park come Skyway Day to take this burden off of Charlie Getchonis.
I'm also releasing my new CD, "Songs From Mountains East and West" and will raffle a few off. Reyna and Jimmy and I will also play a few songs from the CD along with my holiday contribution, "Ode To Martha Stewart".
Having just scanned in over 200 shots for my parents 50th wedding anniversary, we needed a festive shot for poster promotion and didn't have alot of time. So yep thats my two year old mug on Santa's Lap on posters plastered all over town.
Just wait till my mother goes to the grocery store and sees her kid blasting from the past on the cork board in the entryway.
I've also been asked to perform at the Adirondack Museum in September for their Antique show and to sell CD's in the museum store. I have an appointment there on Monday I'm looking forward to.
Oh and Harry Boyt the Common Threads Radio God didn't like my CD. Oh well, I'll just have to start writing another!
Off to the horse trails!

No comments: