Monday, February 15, 2010

That Stupid Cupid

Another Valentines day has come and gone. That stupid cupid has returned to where ever stupid cupids go. Michaels and all us servers made out like bandits since this holiday came on a Sunday. Everyone celebrated all weekend long! I don't know the count yet but I'll bet Michael served over 500 dinners from Friday to Sunday. The place is a gold mine. I'm just so thankful to be part of such a great, loving crew. It's as tho I have a whole new family!
This year's Valentines Day has left me with some good money in my pocket serving up many tasty liquor love potions to keep cupid's targets in their dreamy love ga-ga state.  I worked 12 hours yesterday! Amazinly I feel  pretty darn good this morning! Slept in till nine and got up to a steaming hot pot of Sumatra coffee from the Chenango Coffee Roasters. I'm addicted to this coffee! It has a really mellow, even, low acid taste.
So the day is mine! Busy week ahead. I'm thinking I'll treat myself to a new smaller pocket digital camera to take to the John Prine concert this week. I love my Nikon D60 but it is cumbersome to carry around when you just want to get some quick shots. I'm also looking forward to playing at Michaels 5th anniversary party this Thursday night. Life is good! Winter is getting long tho. Elder Brown's pool and the Banana river dock are callling me. Guess I'll back up to the wood stove with my sumatra instead. And why is it that everything just tastes better in a Edie Walker bowl or cup anyway

No comments: