Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nick's 21 Stitches and all...





The drama. It never ceases round here. Several days before Nick's 21st birthday he mangled his fingers good on Oma Swan's electric hedge clippers. Six stitches later. But he lived to be 21...Mom and I almost didn't. It was another crazy busy weekend. Packed crowd at the Georgetown Inn Friday night, busy bar till after midnight at Michaels Saturday night and Nick's birthday on Sunday. Nick wanted steak so Bill bought 70 dollars worth of rib eyes for the party. (Bill's punishment for being a total golf lush after his tournament) What I don't go through being in the middle of a 21 year old and a 67 year old. I'm convinced men just never grow up...any man I've ever met anyway. So I made a chimi-sauce out of fresh parsley, garlic, lemon and a few other ingredients for the steaks. It was nothing fancy just a meat and potato meal for the twenty one year old.
Nick made out with new clothes and a new leather jacket and if he doesn't get his ass home to clean his room soon. I'm gonna throw it all out in the street! His room looks like a college dorm room. I wish I could move away and change my name and not tell anyone my new identity. Honestly!

No comments: