Monday, February 7, 2011

Amaryllis Incentive


A bit of color in this winter white out season. The best ten dollars I've spent in months on this pre-potted bulb full of promising color. Lucky me my amaryllis grew two shoots with two fabulous blooms and four more on the way!
Another form of incentive came today. A wonderful email from my mother's cousin Fredric Brough Sr. complimenting me and encouraging me to blog after reading a post of mine from back in 2009. The post was of my reunion with a favorite childhood book called Magic Elizabeth which sits along with my other favorite books. I wonder if I will ever have a grandchild who will read it and love the story as much as I? Time will tell. Thank you dear Fredric for your email. I hope some day to meet you!
And lastly, yet another form of incentive. Nick's home for a few days! A bit thin I might add. Incentive to spoil him rotten and fatten him up. So Aurora is coming for dinner tonight. I'm slow cooking spare ribs and garlic mashed, some kind of sauteed veg and baking cookies. Alas I'm working on a new batch of songs. I have a few nice gigs to look forward to and I'm blogging which always leaves me in a self important glow of satisfaction. So today...life is good. Now if the garage would only call an tell my my car is fixed...

No comments: