Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stillwater Boat Race And Beyond






Always a fun, never-know-who-your-gonna-meet-or-what-your-gonna-end-up-doing weekend at Stillwater! The boat race which had only three entries this year was a hoot anyway. Bagpiper, pig roast and all! Too bad the weather didn't co-operate on Saturday to let me perform on the deck. Only about 60 people turned out but these 60 people knew how to party! I ended up setting my sound system in the bar and played and sang just fine. It was a great time! On Friday Bill and I did get almost all the way out to the Devil's Hole where campsite 40 is. But not quite. We kayaked to several of my favorite places on the reservoir. The drift wood god beach. The erie, water meets grandfather rock where the moss creeps down and of course campsite 45 where my beloved celtic ring is buried at sea. The mosquitos and black flies were out in the woods but not out on the water so kayaking was beautiful! I managed to come home with only a few bites. Thanks to Marian and Joe, we stayed in the cabin and dreamed about all things Adirondack-y under the pale glow of the hissing gas lights in hopes of hearing the cry of a loon before sleep would over come. Ahhhh!

No comments: