Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Back In The Studio


There's nothing more full filling than a day or a night of recording.The past two weeks my good friend and fellow artist-musician, Steve Skollar has been kind enough to hole up with me in Rich Grants studio to lay some mandolin tracks to several of my new songs. Thanks to Irene leaving me powerless for six days I happened to come across a song in which I named Me And Dr. Bronner. Its one of those songs that I've always wanted to write as it's kinda always been in my head some where. I guess I just needed the right atmosphere to birth it. Sitting around the kitchen table in lantern light and silence proved most conductive. So last Wednesday, with David Williams on wash board, Ed Vollmer on ukulele and Steve on the mandolin we layed a scratch track at Ed's house. Great times like old times just sitting around jamming with the guys! Tonight hopefully we will record each instrument separately to better mix the song. There's a music video in the works as well. So if you haven't heard of Dr. Bronner give him a google. I've been using his peppermint soap now for years being the left-out-of-the-sixties-hippy that I am. Oh and if you haven't heard of Steven Skollar. Give him a google too as he is one HELL of a great artist from the bronc's that has a summer home a few hills over from me. Its a sweet life here on the slow road here in central New York!

No comments: