Thursday, November 10, 2011

To Long A Song


Florida is Florida. I'm always eager to return to escape the every day hum drum of Hamilton. But once there, I'm always more than ready after a week or so, to get back on the road and go home.
This visit, I thought would be different with Bill's father now living in Altamont with Bill's sister. Karen. The condo would be all to ourselves! It was different. I didn't have to watch back to back episodes of Judge Judy and Wheel of Fortune. Bill Sr's favorite shows and suffer through his remote control muting addiction. The pool was way to cold and I couldn't swim and the wind was howling most of the week to walk the beach or ride my bike. There you have it. Freaking Florida limbo land. And the ride down and back is just to long a song. I don' know what will become of the condo. One extremely windy day. Bill had gone out to walk Lou and when returning, the door knob would only spin and spin not opening the latch. Lou was barking, the wind howling through the wind tunnel for what seemed to be at least 3 minutes. Finally I got a butter knife to try and presto! Before I even insert the knife. The door opened. I swear to god it was the work of Francis.
The condo needs so much work. Everything needs updating. Everything. The carpeting, the kitchen boards, the bathroom fixtures, the wall's need painting. Everything. I don't know if I'm up for the task. And then wouldn't you know it. I lost my bar tending job for the time being, at Michaels. Business has slowed considerable since school has started. And being the same old story of my life always being the last one hired I'm the first one they lay off.
The good news is the last song for new CD has landed in my lap this morning. Literally.
Rich will be back from LA and next week we will mix the remaining songs, design the cover and upload it to Tune Core which will digitally distribute them to itunes, Amazon etc. I'm so eager for this project to be over. What I thought would be not one of my better efforts is shaping up nicely. I'm pleased!

No comments: