Friday, January 13, 2012

Days Like This






At last. We are getting dumped on with all Father Winter's whiteness and I couldn't be more content! The wood box is stacked, the Vermont Casting is stoked and the house is warm and cozy. I'm getting a lot of little jobs out of the way in the ten year kitchen like filling my olive oil bottles, cleaning out the 'fridge and a few drawers. Bill brought in his knife sharpener toy and sharpened all my knives which could be a scary thing as the roads are terrible and my luck today would be the day I cut myself on one of them. It's happened before. The bird feeders are a buzz with chickadees, finches, blue jays and a female red headed woodpecker. And speaking of birds, I've got a turkey breast oiled and herbed and ready to roast, the stuffing is made and dinner will be awesome tonight. It's Friday and I'm not going no-where! The year has started off much better than last year ended. I got a job at the Colgate Inn and it will be like returning home to a long lost friend as I worked there back in the early 80's and off and on when my children were little. I'll start training next week.
Yesterday I had an hour gig for the elderly down at the Norwich Hospital. They enjoy the music so much and are always eager to tell their stories before they get wheeled away down the senior highway halls of the hospital back to their rooms. I can't even think of the day when I'll be navigating in one my self. I guess it all goes with the territory.
Bill and I are heading up to the Blue Mountain Museum for Craig Brandon's lecture so I'm boning up on my Chester Gillette and Grace Brown saga. I've reserved a room at Clarks Beach House in Old Forge for Sunday night and I've very much looking forward an night in the mountains!

No comments: