Sunday, July 1, 2012

Eighth Lake is where I'm at. Campsite 77. Just got back from a very windy kayak. Found a lean too not far from the boat launch and had a beer. Lou had a good time barking at a seagull and I kept a keen eye out for the gull and other large birds in the windy blue sky as Lou is simple target and I'm scared one might swoop down out of the sky and carry my toy dog away. Today Lou had his lime green life jacket on with a handle so the pickings would be even easier. Last night was the best night sleep I've gotten since Nick was arrested. I desperately needed it and to make my slumber even better there was a thunder storm and the sound of the rain drumming against my tent was simply beautiful. No dreams, no movie making, no what if's, no Nick. Just sleep. On a return trip from Inlet while driving into the entryway of the camp ground, in a small patch of grass in the woods grazed a velvet horned buck. A very good sign from my father and grand father. He stood most gallantly while I snapped his shot.

No comments: