Monday, August 6, 2012

Wednesday's Riches

So this little ditty fell down into my lap last week. I'll get it recorded with Steve on mandolin this Wednesday. It's called While He's Doing Time.
My garden is growing and growing non stop The rain fell heavy on the air so hot The ground drank the water And out crept the vines And he can't come home Until the snow's a flying Chorus But Lori has jelly and Lisa has jam I've got pickles and candied yams Ball Jar Ball Jar Big black pot Maybe we could get together For a ball jar swamp Laundry Laundry On the line What ya gonna do While he's doing time 2012 was gonna be his year To figure out the road and maybe go somewhere Nightmare in the night the beg for bail Never would I dream I'd have a kid in jail Chorus He'd go out scrapping metal in an old blue truck Then go to town and envy the college kids big bucks He got a job bush hogging chopping up roots Now he's scrubbing floors in an orange jump suit The mirage ain't so pretty where thieving is big The cops are all busy in the holes these kids dig Another runaway in rehab Another druggie in jail Our all American kids Our all American fail

No comments: