Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Bring it on!

2012 can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned. I made it through and it wasn't cheap. Having a kid in jail with jail being big business and all really put a damper on my cash flow. Fifty dollars a week for commissary. Money spent on New York Times and magazines and the envelopes to mail them and postage...Not to mention the lawyer and gas for the forty minute drive to Wampsville and back. Nick is home. He payed his due and is all the better for it. I honestly think jail was the best thing for him. Bill and I drove through a white out arriving shortly after midnight on December 24th and broke him out. What a Christmas...what an exhausting Christmas. The days were spent in an all out cook-a-thon! The ten year kitchen wafting with smells from Thanksgiving to Mexican to Italian. So one day at a time here with the kid home. He looks great and is positive and hopeful for the future. 2012, I hated you but you made me strong and you didn't defeat me...you beat me up pretty good but you didn't win. 2013, I look forward to you and am eager to accept what may come. And I'm so thankful for all I have.

No comments: