Thursday, July 17, 2008

Third week of July at the Moose and other places.


Hello Hello,
Again another fine night was had on the front porch of the Big Moose Inn.
The water skiers were in full force practicing up for August 30th Waterski show on the lake. One boat sped by with five in tow!
Contributions are needed for this event. Look for waiter John and his coffee cans at the Big Moose Inn to cough up a buck or two.
I had a lovely paddle down the Moose River with Cathy Light and her dog Andy. Now I know why they call them Springer Spanials.
This dog could jump out of a kayak and into the water in seconds! Watching him "spring" through the tall river grasses along the river side was a riot but also a beautiful thing. Great Dog!
I had a fine healthy lunch at my favorite place the Hardtimes Cafe in Eagle Bay where I got through another chapter of Woodswoman III by my heroine Anna La Bastille. Since Woodswoman III and IIII are out of print. I guess I'll dining there often as I'm hooked on these books! If anyone happens to have these books sitting around and can bear to part with them. I'd love to add them to my Adirondeck book collection.
I then took a ride out to Twitchell for some writing time.
I swear...To look out on the lake you can almost imagine beautiful blond haired Anna and her beloved german shep's chugging up to shore in her boat. She has led an amazing life. I'm so thankful for her an all she has done all over the world taking take of mother nature.

No comments: