Monday, August 4, 2008

Buttermilk Falls, Cascade Falls and Norridgewock.






Summer certainly is flying by. Its a bittersweet life these days. I think I'm finally over the empty nest feeling and I'm enjoying with what life is offering more. I'm thankful! I do miss my kids. But my days are pretty nice. Reclaiming the upstairs bedrooms to get the house up to snuff with a Bed and Breakfast in future plans.
Fawny the brown rabbit turned out to be female and I now have 5 new babies. She made her nest under the front porch. I snagged two of the 5 and caged them to save them from the cats. The other three have moved under the woodshed out back.
As luck would have it the original dropped off mother got hit out front in the road. She had a great life tho. Uncaged with lots of freedom and rabbit pellets. So I'm thinking of training one of the new babies to join me on stage while I perform. The children will love to be able to pet a real rabbit! Yeah! I'll be the Rabbit Woman of the Adirondacks kinda like the Cat Man of the Keys! Hurry Up! Take Your Time! That guys was a total riot!
I've been to some beautiful remote spots of late.
Last week I got my hiking poles out an did the 4 mile or so trek around Cascade Lake. It wasn't the most thrilling trail I've ever been on but there is a sweet little waterfall on the back end of the lake which was just a gushing from all the rain we've had.
A soggy hike to say he least! The boots are well broke in!
Actually the first waterfall was the hike up Buttermilk Falls. I went to see Aurora in her new place of residency over in Ithaca. The brick house of many couches. I had plans of visiting more often an to crash there. But maybe not! Its a student flop house thats for sure. She seems happy tho. God am I a terrible mother I didn't even get a shot of her out front. Next time. Anyway we spent a lovely afternoon at Buttermilk Falls. Nick, Aurora, Ed and I. I was amazed at the stonework that runs along side of the falls all the way to the top. Great workout hiking up the stone steps to the top. And wow was the water cold!
I did another gig on the deck of Stillwater Saturday night after a long awaited trip out to Norridgewock. Just love playing Stillwater. I'm feeling like one of the locals! They really make you feel like family out there. Norridgewock! WOW! I'd LOVE to spend some more time out there! Such a funky little village! All power is from generators and the cars with out a license plate. You can only get there by boat. Just a great place on the edge of forever wild bliss.
I did have a nice chat with Scott a fifth generation Thompson who runs the Hotel. Norridgewock on one side of the tracks and the Beaver River Hotel on the other! I'm gonna be playing there at some point.
I'm looking forward to winter to see the mountains in all its beautiful whiteness.
I recorded at Orbital Sound with Steve and Reyna. Got in a good recording of Boom Town and Rim of the World. So the CD is coming.
And Skyway...well..I'll just say that I'll need a lost in the woods week when that is over!

No comments: