Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Right Smack Dab In The Middle Of It!

The holidays that is!
Busy! Busy! Busy! To say the least. Martha Stewart, Barefoot Contessa, Paula Dean and the Pioneer Woman would be dang proud of me! I'm a cooking machine. Everything I've made over the last four days while Bill's father was here turned out exceptionally well.
I did a seafood gratin dish. A keeper. A homemade calzone filled with hot sausage, pepperoni, yellow and red peppers, onions, italian cheeses and sauce at Bill's request. I sublimely spoke to Bill in the early hours one morning and told him that he really should get me and his dad out of the house. So we got lunch at the Colgate Inn on Tuesday. That night we had grilled herbed lamp chops with a mint pesto, mushroom risotto and oven baked brussels sprouts. Yum! The last meal was a italian herb crusted beef tenderloin with gorgonzola walnut sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. Perfect. Even baked an apple pie. Sadly, I'm all cooked out. I just got back from running a chicken bouillon cube up to neighbor Leigh and got a dinner invitation! Even better! Party! Right up the road!
I'm off the hook tonight AND tomorrow!
Time to relax and enjoy these next few days. Yep it's time.
So here's a shot of me. I was the first child. This shot cracks me up with the ONE stocking hanging above my head.One of my first Christmas's and yep I'm still ironing. From the the looks of it. I didn't like ironing back then either. I wish I could find a shot of me and my easy bake oven. Oh how I loved that thing. It was blue and had cake batter crusted and burnt all over the light bulb. It's a wonder it didn't burn down the house.
Oh and here is my son Nick. Wishing you all peace in hash or where you may find it.
Merry Christmas.


No comments: