Sunday, December 14, 2008

Skyway Community Christmas At The Colgate Inn





As I sit here watching the gray white lacy snow fall outside my window having just had a grand time playing house getting ready for the onslaught of the Brown Family, I count my blessings and am so happy with the simple life I live and grateful for my health and for my kids, family and friends.
My invisible-in-the-snow white free range bunnies are fed and cozy under the front porch. The cats are napping on the throne of my bed and Ed is fast a sleep in doggie land up on the back of the couch. Bill just came in from snow blowing the near foot of snow that blanketed us during the night. The house is cleaned up and in order. Time to blog.
I played for the Madison Lane Ladies yesterday a handful of Christmas songs. I promised them a special treat when I was done playing and a wee little old lady said, "Is he tall, dark and handsome"? I quickly replied, Yes! Thinking of Ed running zig-zag down the road with his back left leg bowing out retarded like, ears layed back and a bottom tooth missing. Ed looks just the dog on the bottom of the Rocket Dog shoe line. It's ED to a tea!
Anyway I ran out to the car to wake the ole mutt up and place his little head in a toy Christmas deer antler head band thingy and returned to the dining room where the 20 or so Madison Lane Ladies shrieked it delight with their hands all reaching out eager to pet my poor dog. Ed peered up at me with a What-the-hell-did-I-do-to-you-to-deserve-this look plastered all over his little doggy face! He was a hit! Steve Skollar is right. I should of gotten Ed and agent.
His story alone would top Marley and Me any day.
Anyway Skyway Community Christmas was wonderful!
The Colgate Inn was simply beautiful in its holiday fineness and a perfect setting for our event.
Musicians that came out in support of Skyway were, Reyana Stagnaro, Ed Vollmer, Robin Schade, Maren and Cole Vantine,
Peter Leone, Daryl Wilson, Jimmy Wunderlich and I and the exotic decorated bodies of the amazing Adishakti Dancers!
The Colgate Inn has graciously invited us back next year to host another Skyway event! So Meredith, Jimmy and I are just thrilled.
We didn't have a lot of time to get this story in the paper. Jimmy worked his butt off getting all the musicians recorded and got the raffle together with amazing speed. We raised pretty close to what we need to insure the park on Skyway Day in August.
Evergreen Gallery, Sushi Blues, The Colgate Inn and a few other places in town have offered to sell the first Skyway Christmas CD in their stores so I have no doubt we will be successful in raising more than we need.
So! Here it is the 12th of December!
I've fulfilled my Christmas community obligations. I feel good!
Time to head up the road to Reverend Ross's Christmas Tree Farm and cut me a spruce!
Get some baking in. Perhaps a little recording.
Let it snow!

No comments: