Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just some random thoughts here...

I hiked Brookfield for the first time in many many days. It felt GREAT! Three weeks ago, about, I slipped at Jen's house pulling a muscle in my right leg which has left me gimping along pretty good. I even had to call in sick one night. I work two measly nights a week and I would have to injure my self the day before one of them?!
So I'm playing the new Waterville band stand tonight from 6 till 8 and very much looking forward to it!
I have some nice gigs coming up which I'm gonna savor. Very much looking forward to Stillwater and camping next week for 3 nights or so.
So here I am wasting time on facebook where I found a link to the Utica Arts and Music Festival. So far over 250 musical acts have signed up. Some CNY bands I recognize and many others I don't. I clicked on the "submit your music link" to learn more and they want 20 dollars for a solo act and 30 dollars for a band! I just don't get it! Pay to play for nothing. I guess it gets your music out there and in front of other musicians. Honestly, it sounds like a musical rat race to me. But then on the other hand I'd rather see people out there on the streets blowing a horn or strumming a guitar rather than pulling guns and num-chucks...Just a thought.
Here's a short promotional flip for the Waterville Band Stand tonight.

No comments: