Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Shots

Summer is speeding by as summers usually do. Bill has a lot of work so I should hardly complain. I'm totally upset as I'm not getting the Adirondack hours in that I so badly need. I also still have Dad's lucky rabbits foot to bury up there some where. I had given it to Dad when he was going through his first heart attack all those years ago. Dad carried this poor unfortunate rabbits foot around with him to all his procedures. He had it in his possessions when he died. I all but lost it when we were going through his stuff. So, I made a vow to him that I would bury it up in the mountains he so loved. I would of tapped into his ashes but Mom had a meltdown when I told her of my intentions. So the rabbit foot will be buried...probably at Raquatte Lake...along the Marion perhaps.
I'm waiting for Bill to get done with what ever handy man job he's piddling around with as we are planning a kayak along the Fish Creek today. Fish Creek was rated high in the Quiet Waters of New York. I'm ready!
So, I guess I'll upload a few shots from around the house while I and my hippy kayaking paddle wait..
Oh! Julie and the Brown boys were here for the 4th! What great kids! What great parents as well! I always have the best of times with all of them! I morph right into step grammy Pamme and away we go!
Campsite 45BB (B for Brown Boys) was quickly erected. The little red wagon pulled down from storage for firewood hauling and rabbits hopping every where. The kids had a good time naming all eleven of them...Names like peanut butter and oreo and marshmellow. You know, only names boys would pick as they are always hungry.
I made Bill make a swing for my favorite maple tree out back...My favorite Brown boy quote of the weekend was when I over heard Will make the comment, “ I can’t believe we can have this much fun with a rope and a board and a tree.” Priceless!








No comments: