Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Treasures In The Heart Of New York


So, a while back I was contacted by a young, fellow San Hamiltonio musician by the name of Sean Nivison who was putting together a music CD of local musicians to benefit the local food cupboard. So I donated my song Brookfield from my last CD. This past Friday was the release party for Treasures In The Heart Of New York in Hamilton's living room, The Barge Canal Coffee house. Great turn out! I had my monthly gig at the Georgetown Inn that night and didn't get there till 9 ish. The sign up sheet was still full and had I signed up to perform, I wouldn't of gotten up till after 11. So I bagged it having already played three sets.
I understand they raised around 400 bucks. So hard raising money in these tough economic times. Here I am paying Nick's rent to give him a better chance in the busier city of Ithaca since he doesn't drive. I pray to the employment fairies daily to please hook my kid up with a job. He's trying so hard and is so ready and eager to work. I feel like America is at the end of its last knot. Kinda like the fall of the Roman Empire.

1 comment:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Greetings from Finland. This blog is fun to explore, through other countries, people, culture and nature. Come see Teuvo pictures on my blog. And tell all your friends, why should he go Teuvo pictures on my blog. That is why you get your country's flag to rise above the pictures to Teuvon images blog flag collection, a lovely end of February, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland