Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dark Times


So I'm sitting here drinking purple hibiscus tea at the Barge Canal Coffee house the day after the most dysfunctional, lazy Saturday I've had in complete ages. I'm damaged goods after the whole Nick drama nightmare. Tonight is the super bowl, not that I care about foot ball in the least. Madonna should be entertaining at half time and the commercials are always fun. I'm trying hard to fight the darkness that creeps into my soul when ever I think back to all the troubles Nick has gone through and all the trouble's I'm scared of yet to come. I'm so ever thankful of my husband, and family for their support. I never thought I'd be living in fear like I have the last several months. Nick did call on Friday morning and was still downstairs in detox. He was calling from a phone booth and the connection was kinda choppy. He did say he was looking forward to getting upstairs to be able to use the gym, the food was descent and he spent the past two nights with a older drunk man. Just what you want to hear from your son. Nick is where he needs to be and I'm so relieved. It's really a blessing no one was hurt or injured. The DWI will hopefully be reduced to and AI and will be cheaper than a funeral. Now to figure out where he's gonna get the money to pay for his tickets. I don't have it.
The picture on this post I just recently found on my laptop desktop downloaded by Nick, and it just so symbolizes Nick breaking out and growing upward. I hope he gets the counseling he so desperately needs.
Maybe I should get a little counseling too.
I picked up two extra shifts this week at the Colgate Inn and my trusty, old white Kitchen Aid mixer has inspired me to make shrimp scampi with home made pasta for tonights feast for the super bowl. I'll make myself stay busy to get through the dark times. A good old fashioned blizzard would work wonders for me as well in all it's cleansing whiteness.

No comments: