Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home He Comes

Today Nick came home from rehab. He's back. The good Nick. The Nick I haven't known in several months. He actually loved Connifer park and didn't want to leave once he got out of detox. He met many characters and is full of many stories about his month. He was diagnosed with a form of fibromyalgia which probably was result of the accident he had about 4 years ago when he was back ended by some kid on the outside of Earlville. Because he had a seatbelt on the impact has caused him to suffer from his lung collapsing on many occasions. He's been in pain ever since. It's gonna be a long haul but Nick is determined to stay drug free and to go to narcotic meetings. All I can do is feed him, keep a roof over his head, and support him as much as possible and pray he doesn't fall back into his old ways. He's twenty two and an adult. I have no control. Nick has always been a free spirit. The apple didn't fall far from the tree. So, now I will hold my breath until his court date on March 7th. That aught to be interesting.
The Colgate Inn job is going well! I'm gigging there next Tuesday for some NICE money!!! I'm hoping this is the beginning of many more happy, healing healthy times ahead!

No comments: