Friday, April 1, 2011

The Spirit House


Above photo is by Roger DeMuth ~ Eight Photos stitched together.
For years. I have been attracted to this lovely old gem in Georgetown NY. I discovered it in my early 20's on my way to play at the Georgetown Inn. This was before the house was considered a historic land mark. I didn't know anything of early architect's back then, but knew standing before this house one summer day that it was special.
Now, the house stands gutted and is for sale. A fellow by the name of Madis Senner is working non-stop to put together a society to preserve the Spirit House and already has a gotten great press and a good following of local historians and other people drawn to its wedding cake magic allure.
Here is a link to the blog of the tour Bill and I took last Saturday.
http://spirithousesocietypictures.blogspot.com/
www.spirithousesociety.org

No comments: